24 Month Visit Preview
Preparing for the 24 Month Visit
- We’ll measure and discuss your child’s weight, length, and head circumference.
- We plot those numbers on the growth chart to give you a visual of how he’s changing from visit to visit.
- Your provider cares about percentiles, and how they compare to previous visits. We’re looking for consistency. The actual numbers for weight, length, and head circumference are less important.
- We'll discuss tips for mealtime success and ensure your child is getting enough calcium, iron and vitamin D.
- Your provider will evaluate your child's iron levels by checking the hemoglobin (via toe-prick).
- Your provider will also evaluate your child's risk for lead exposure in your home.
- If significant risk factors are present, your provider will order a lead level test to be drawn at a nearby lab location.
- Your provider will review your child's standardized autism screener, called the MCHAT, that you submit before the visit.
- Your provider will watch and interact with your child.
- Everyone develops differently and at their own pace. That being said, if there’s anything you’re worried about, please bring it to our attention. See something, say something!
- Our examination includes a lot in a short amount of time. Please ask questions if you have them! All questions are good questions, and we want you to be involved in your child’s care.
- One routine vaccine is given at the 24 month visit, as well as a flu shot if it is flu season.
- Hepatitis A #2
- Flu (flu season only)
- Please read our guides to common vaccine reactions and acetaminophen and ibuprofen dosing you can use if these reactions occur.
No results found