15 Month Visit Preview
Preparing for the 15 Month Visit
- We’ll measure and discuss your baby’s weight, length, and head circumference.
- We plot those numbers on the growth chart to give you a visual of how she’s changing from visit to visit.
- Your provider cares about percentiles, and how they compare to previous visits. We’re looking for consistency. The actual numbers for weight, length, and head circumference are less important.
- Your provider will watch and interact with your baby.
- Everyone develops differently and at their own pace. That being said, if there’s anything you’re worried about, please bring it to our attention. See something, say something!
- Our examination includes a lot in a short amount of time. Please ask questions if you have them! All questions are good questions, and we want you to be involved in your baby’s care.
- One combination vaccine is given at the 15 month visit.
- DTaP, Hib, Polio #4
- During flu season
- Babies need two flu shots during their first flu season.
- If she had one at the 12 months visit, we’ll give the second shot today.
- If this is her first flu shot, we’ll give the second shot in about 1 month.
- Please read our guides to common vaccine reactions and acetaminophen and ibuprofen dosing you can use if these reactions occur.